New ROM for LG GW620 / EVE
Since some weeks ago I’m working in a new ROM for LG GW620 device, is called toleROM at the moment. I have the 0.4 version, but this version only have preroot for V10G_00 firmware from LG.
In this new version I have added more features. The new version is based on V10G_00 firmware too. It’s a open firmware without operator logos and applications. I have change the boot image to make actions in the init of system to add some features as Apps2SD and Market hack. I have make changes in system image too, I have added busybox, terminfo, nano and superuser. And I want to add some basic applications installed on userdata image, although I don¬īt know how to install this applications without release a userdata.img, I will have to try some way due to LG GW620 don’t have recovery mode as HTC Magic(MyTouch), HTC Dream (G1) and others.
These are the complete features for this new version:
- Based on OPEN V10G_00
- Preroot with Superuser whitelist – To raise privileges.
- Busybox – Commnad line utils.
- Terminfo – Nurses support in the terminal emulator.
- Nano for Androi – Text editor for terminal emulator (Treminfo required).
- BetterKeyboard – QWERTY touck keyboard.
- Terminal emulator – Terminal emulator to send command line commands.
- Advanced task manager – Task manager/killer/uninstall for Android
- ApnDroid – Avoid 3G connections.
- xyFlash – To view several video formats
- Complete APN list, by Super@atmel. All APN from all opertaros of several countries.
- toleROM Setup – Custom application for config the ROM features.
- Market hack – To activate paid applications on the market for operators without contracts with Google.
- App2SD – Move all applications to SD card.
- Application2SD – Move the selected application to SD. (not all)
- toleBackup – Nandroid Backup variant to save your device backups to SD card.
- tolePart – To make partitions in your SD.
I can’t determinate the release date. I’m close to end but I don’t know how many time I need to test all features. At the moment I’m implementing the tolePart, after this I could test all.
Popularity: 27% [?]